View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sfemme24

i need advice on my bf

I need to know how to tell if he is finally serious about getting and staying clean I have been getting redflags lately but don't know if its my paranoia of over 5 years being abandon so many times for drugs. He has been in jail for a few months about to get out n swears he is done says he will go to na and counseling is changing job fields due to so many adicts in the construction industry say he's done w the bad influences (his relatives who are adicts) and finally admitted 2 snorting pills somthing he's always denied but at same time whenever I talk about it he flips out trys to change subject to MY ISSUES says his drug stuff is in the past like he thinks he can ignore it like he's tried many times before n how he's sick of me bringing it up . To me that shows denial he also doesn't believe it is a DISEASE he says its a CHOICE. A BAD CHOICE TO ESCAPE SOMETHING PAINFUL AND UNCOMFORTABLE....I DON'T AGREE I HAVE TAKEN HIM BACK SO MANY TIMES N I'M REALY SICK OF THESE GAMES I DO NOT KNOW IF I SHOULD TRY AGAIN I NEED HIS HELP W STUFF AROUNDHOUSE N POSSIBLY MONEYWISE HE'S ALL I HAVE HERE..AND I DO LOVE HIM I THOUGHT MAYBE SINCE HE'S NOT GOTTEN ANY real help yet maybe that is why he is still so defensive about talking about it??help me please he's also been saying he wats to marry me asap he's too old for this etc he's almost 41 ...he says he willgo to na and counseling whn he gets out but he was court ordered last may n he only went 4 times when he was supposed 2 of gone a lot more but I did sabatoge it bcause I have extreme jealouy issues n there was chics at meetings dressed like hookersso he was hesitantto go again plus he had no car or license n I worked a lot but idk what to do but tonight when I mntioned something that was meant to be positive he flipped out n turned eevrything on me. He says he knows he needs help but I'm trying to control him by telling him what to do. Also we r getting involved in church I already am but he wants 2 also as he knows u can't stay friends w adicts