View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 01:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Supercrew

Even if I only have 3-4 drinks and I have blacked out more times than I can count in the last year.

This is a problem.

However, I do not have withdrawal symptoms from alcohol.

Hangovers are just mini withdrawals.

I don't wake up craving it.

No one really craves it until they can't have it.

And I could never imagine hiding bottles from myself or lying about my drinking.

I never hid bottle from myself, I hid them from my wife because I told her I was quitting 100's of times. If you tell someone you will quit drinking to make them happy you might find yourself lying eventually.

For example, there is so much alcohol in my house right now and I don't sit around thinking about it all day.

Most people don't obsess or really think about alcohol if they have it always available.

It's just that when I drink, I drink too much. I guess I am worried because my behavior has been inappropriate lately when I drink. I have been flirting and saying inappropriate things when drunk. I am a wife of 10 years with three young kids. This isn't what I want to be. I don't want to stop drinking, but think maybe I should. Does all of this sound like alcoholic behavior to you guys?

If you are coming to a website looking for help, and you are engaging in behavior you are embarrassed of regularly when you are drinking you probably know the answer.