View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 06:23 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
MTUSA

Hi A...

I was so tired, left my computer outside on patio (where I smoke...ahhh...). So, I'm on the page. Hair drying in towell. What a hag! Good thing we live in the country.

The new FRONT LOAD washers, are GUARANTEED TO MOLD. The Whirlpool guy told me it only takes weeks, and the mold (black mold typically) is deadly especially for children, but also DOES affect adults.

He showed me the rubber seal (about 4" wide all around opening). You can gently pull these back, and should to find socks, underwear, etc. and MOLD.

When they deliver these new govt. approved washers, you get "samples" of this stuff called Afresh or something that you are suppose to use at least once a month. They are expensive. Bought a package of 3 yesterday at WalMart $6.99. So, he said use one every 2 weeks to try to keep the mold from growing (which he said is basically impossible.). The new top load washers also use almost no water. GROSS

Your stepmom. OMG... I don't know why, but I have always freaked on people taking pain medication. I always knew the stuff was addictive, even when my husband had appendecitis. I told him 2 or 3 days, and then aspirin/tylenol/ibuprophen. I KNOW why you freaked. It does mess people up, and you saw it in your step mom. I defer (and always have) even from the endodontist, pain medicine. Ibuprophen works great. If I was dying and in pain, yeah...I'd consider the stuff. I instinctively have always known this stuff was bad (weird eh'?), and you know, that's why you freaked.

Some people like the way it makes them feel. I am sorry you learned the hard way, that there's a very bad evil side to these medications. You freaked because you care about your step mom.

Getting the youngest to school (and hair dried). THANKS so much. Deb