View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Shadydeal

Boy, I have been there

Webber, I feel your pain. I wish I had the crystal ball....don't we all. I have gone down your path. I hope for you and your girlfriend that your outcome will be different and positive. My situation was my first experience (only I pray) in dealing w the disease or directly anyway. My ABF does not function, it is a progressive deal....if they don't change....just grows larger. He had never been to rehab, then in 9/2009 he made a decision to go. Might have been bc he had no where to go/live could not hold a job....whatever the case he went. I truly believe he wanted and wants to get health but apparently not enough. He did well for 30 days after rehab. He met someone in there, fell in love lol. He never told me about the other person, I thought many of the changes....were bc of his new life. Its been living H--- ever since. The drinking is worse than ever and still can't hold a job. The other women is in worse shape when she isn't locked up. I can't tell you the amount of pain that I have put myself thru and for WHAT! I have taken all of ths so personal and the rejection. I think when I get upset it has more to do with how I have allowed myself to be treated. I have been blessed with a wonderful large successful family. My life was happy and no baggage. How I ever got myself into this situation, I will never know and why I have allowed it...I will certainly never understand. That makes me sad. All I can tell you, don't expect too much, learn all you can. Try to put yourself first where this s concerned. Don't make the painful mistakes i have made. I still fight the lies, deal with the drunk...I still hurt. Right now, 2 years later I am praying for strength to walk...RUN away. There is always hope but I have to move on. I pray that I will walk anyway and MEAN what I say. I wish you the best, learn all you can, take care of yourself. I hope you have a happy ending, many people do!