View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Smile123
Eternally Grateful 4/25/08

Kelly,
I take quite a bit more than that, but I was started on it in an inpatient facility where I saw a physician on a daily basis. They started it low, and increased it steadily, but it was in a very controlled environment. Do you find yourself falling asleep quite awhile after you've gone to bed? The reason why I ask is I take mine at least an hour before I plan to lay down. You might adjust your timing on taking it if you find you're tossing and turning a long time. Also, after I take my medication at night I make sure I have no exposure to bright lights (TV, Computer, Smartphone.) I also wear a sleep mask and use a fan to drown out noise.

I try to say to myself "even if I don't get good sleep tonight, I will rest my body and mind." I also pray and start a gratitude list in my head. Sometimes it will go on for a long time until I get down to things like "I'm grateful I remembered milk today so we can have cereal in the a.m." It keeps me from laying there worrying and obsessing about not sleeping. It is better than counting sheep to me and usually I fall asleep once I get going on that list.

Talk to your doctor. We problem sleepers with addiction issues are a tough case for doctors, but he sounds like a good one. Hang in there!! It's going to get better.