Old 09-19-2011, 12:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
williamj

A home nurse told me personally about my wife being responsible if anything happens to him and yes, it scared the bejebus out of me because it would be that after all he's put his family through, they would be the ones going to jail for supposed "neglect."

He puts on a show for everyone anyway saying that we threw him in a home and won't let him drive. We can't force him not to drive but one of the times we insisted he not drive he said, "Well why don't you just take me out back and shoot me!" A real victim, that one.

Painterman, no. No one has ever stood up to the man. His mother, until her death, even made him a saint. Up until now they've been afraid of him. They have that thing that no matter what, he's their father. Unconditional love is one thing but he's trained them all to obey and live with it so there are no boundaries when it comes to him getting what HE needs.

Wow, even with the previous therapy my wife and I have had I didn't realize how angry I've become at the AFIL and the situation he's put everyone into. And even though I am so sorry for everyone here who has been through this, I must say the similarities of situations is uncanny, so it does feel somewhat relieving to know we're not the only ones going through this. Thank you everyone. Thank you so much.