Old 09-18-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
winnie1202

Kitty, so much the same

My husband too was "suggested" by his union to enroll in this 28 day program. It is amazing to me that he has never received a DUI (he drives a truck for a living). I was so fearful that he would kill someone. His union will accept him back but if he relapses his ability to make a very good living will be gone. I will be gone, too. Too much for too long. I did enable him in order to keep food on the table and that precious medical insurance not to mention the other benefits his union had.

What is interesting to me is how the stress of his drinking had affected my health. I have MS. Was diagnosed about 5 years ago. I am still walking, have a job, involved in the community. Take some $$$$ meds, though. Since he has been gone I have been feeling better. My left side (the weak one) feels stronger. Overall feel physically better.

We have to remember how much their drinking and the stress surrounding it hurts everyone. Are we willing to shorten our lives to maintain a non-recovery spouse? How about the damage being done to our children no matter what the age? I am willing to cut bait now if he doesn't do what he is supposed to after he returns.