Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Risingsun318

Well the only condition that I'm aware of is depression. The reason I checked myself into the psych ward was because I was depressed, no more than I am now. I was just frustrated with everything that I just stayed in bed for 2 days and didn't want to do anything besides stare at the ceiling. It was through my mother's nagging and promising that better days lie ahead that I checked myself in.

The only reason I stayed for 2 weeks was either because it looked like I was contemplating suicide or because they were testing their medication and its response to my epilepsy. It was a complete waste of time.

I saw a psychologist on a regular basis for about 5-6 months, the medication had no effect on me. I told them this, and they said I had to wait for it to take effect. After a few months I just asked if they would take me off the medication. The psychologist and I got along well, even calling in my mother to speak to her about our differences. It didn't turn out so well because my mother denied everything I said, and I ended up walking out of her office because she believed her.