View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 12:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
wishin4change
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by danielleinto View Post
3 years is early days, I remember 3 years in and I believed he would quit for me. I'd think of leaving and think irrational thoughts like, "what if he finds someone else and quits for her"? It took years before I thought clearly..... These relationships are sick, I wrapped my whole self around his bottle just as much as he did. The fantasy of what life will be like when he's sobber is what kept me sick. His being sober isn't what I need to be happy. Being able to see him as a man instead of a victim is what woke me up. No more what if's.
This all resonates with me. Thank you for sharing.

Originally Posted by KittyCopes View Post

A man took his lunch outside and sat on a park bench under a big tree to enjoy it in the shade. A few minutes later, a large flock of birds landed in the tree. They proceeded to poop all over the man and his lunch, ruining it for him. He railed at the birds for doing this to him until he realized that they were not doing anything TO him, they were just doing what birds do. The next day, he took his lunch to a bench that wasn't under a tree.

Alcoholics drink. They are not drinking at you or to you. It has nothing to do with you at all. I keep repeating this to myself. I still haven't quite internalized it, but I'm getting there.

You don't need to make any decisions today. Take care of yourself. Come back.

Kitty.
Wow. I love that story. Thank you for sharing.