View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
m1k3

If you are looking for experience here is mine. The first time my wife went to rehab she mocked the whole process and the people who were in there. She started drinking again not long afterwards. The second time was after ending up in the emergency room for booze and Xanax. She didn't need to drink because her doctor gave her an Rx for sleeping pills that gave her pretty much the same effect and were much easier to hide what she was doing. This last time she was after a 6 day blackout binge on sleeping pills and booze. This is the first time she went on her own. The fact that I moved out and her daughters wouldn't let her see her grandkids may have had something to do with it. Of course in the middle of rehab (out patient) she threatened suicide and took a bunch of sleeping pills. She now says she gets it and her problem is depression. She says she has to embrace a sober life style.

I wish her well but I will never trust her again. Our marriage of 36 years is over. I may or may not divorce her but I will make that decision when I am ready.

I very strongly recommend al-anon to help you with your issues. I know I had a boatload of them.

Does that help give you a glimpse of your future. Rehab isn't some magic wand where they suddenly become whole and happy again. It is hard work and many aren't ready to face their demons which they have to do to get better.

Your friend,