View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 09:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Reset

Originally Posted by Rift View Post
You are right Dee...there are so many other things that I could do with my time other than get smashed. No doubt about it.

And you are right again that getting drunk isnt't really fun...for me anymore, it really isn't if I really think about it. It was something I did to kill time and to shut off all the thoughts I had. It was only fun on occasion. But even if it was fun to get drunk it really sucked the next day...so in the end it really is never worth it.

The thing is I don't really have any hobbies or many interests. I know it's sad, but its the truth. Mostly I go to the gym, read books, try to get involved at church, or go for a run/walk around the neighborhood...but other than those types of activities I am at a loss for what to do or what I enjoy doing. I just don't know. Well, I guess I have to find out, right?

At least I'm not drinking tonight and I did not give in...that is what is most important.
Good.

Reading is not boring, it's fun. When I quit I was able to read again without the pages getting all blurry, remember what I read, and not fall asleep after 2 paragraphs. So glad I can do that again.

Similar thing with the gym. I don't have to rush home to start drinking and now I am getting in better shape.

Maybe you should look at what you're doing now more positively. And if it's not fulfilling find something else to do. You're free, and there are so many things you can do now that the shackles are off.