View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
caughthiminject

I'm not sure it can be correlated to food - as you need food to live. Alcohol has no value. The studies on it being good for the heart have been refuted recently by another study that says any amount of drink causes cancer.

Yes, it can loosen you up for a good time as a social drinker. But adaptive social skills can also do that. I guess I am one of those strange people who can't understand because I was born missing the enzyme to break down alcohol and therefore I do not enjoy alcohol and don't get drunk. So I do apologize to those normal social drinkers and I understand your comments about not wanting alcohol regulated by government. I just haven't seen alcohol do anyone any favors.

I feel like I have some kind of PTSD or something though. I just hear a bottle being opened and I feel sick. As for drugs being illegal and people still get them - yes. But there are a lot fewer people doing them than would be if they were legal. I used to think yeah, make them legal so all those stupid people can kill themselves. The only problem is they take down everyone who loves them and everyone in the front line of their car. I was at Movie World in Australia and there was a needle box in the toilet. There's one in every toilet in Australia and even in the toilets on airplanes. How sick would you have to be that you are shooting up in freaking Movie World and Sea World.

I guess it's all a matter of opinion. My A was better off on pot sleeping and eating, than on beer driving and acting like an idiot all night and blacking out and not knowing where he had been or what he had done. I think I'd have rather pot was legal and beer not. Of course beer was just the gateway to the rest of the drugs... which, if they were legal, he would be dead by now, and maybe I'd be a lot less sad.