View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 08:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jamdls

Just41, I've had years of experience with online dating both pre and post sobriety and in my experience the majority of people do lie; some are just "little white lies" regarding their age/height/weight and some are way off the charts in their lying; but I also believe that there are some wonderful people on those sites you just have to be willing to wade through the b.s. I think you should be honest and say you don't drink otherwise you're setting yourself up for continual lying, you don't need to give any detail about why you don't drink though. I also think you need to be fully comfortable and confident in your sobriety before you pursue a new relationship. When I did the online dating post sobriety I put that I didn't drink and yes that seemed to have kept some people from connecting with me, I remember when I was drinking and doing the online dating I wouldn't respond to anyone that said that didn't drink; but I put I didn't mind if others were social drinkers and those that really are casual drinkers and drinking is not a "way of life" for them didn't seem to have any problem with my not drinking.