Old 09-13-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Beebizzy

Originally Posted by Adobe View Post
Thanks. I think the thing that kind of scares me is that I like being a nice guy and I don't want to find out that I'm really just some complete jerk sober and its been the alcohol that's made have some of the characteristics I like.
Hi Adobe!

Nice to meet you too!

Congrats on your decision to quit and on your 4 days!

This is so weird - what you describe is exactly what happened to me, but when I was drinking. I'd go over and over all the events in the day, building up all these scenarios, have loads of conversations with myself lol (fighting talk) and work myself up into a right state. It hasn't happened since I quit just over 3 weeks ago. I think I was somehow dealing with things I did not want to face sober - hmmm still need to work on that.

Anyhow. Not your situation. As I read your post I was thinking 'exercise' but you are already doing that.

I guess I just wanted to say that if you are a nice guy you will always be a nice guy :-) Alcohol did not make you nice, and sober will not make you a jerk - for sure not.

I really think, as others have said, that it will take time for things to settle and you just need to go through that anger thing (with some support if that's an option?) and come out the other side. How long has it lasted in the past?

Good luck to you,
BB