View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:08 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
rs2

Smile 30 day AA Coin

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine View Post

What do I do? Go with it? Does 12 days make that much of a difference? Or do I admit my lie.
HELP!

Hey Alaska, you are doing great! Can you believe you are actually coming up on 30 days in a little over a week? No, 12 days is not really that much of a difference and the important thing is that you did not let the slips take control. Instead, you kicked the ole addiction in the teeth and climbed right back on board the sobriety wagon. Way to go.

However, I think you might choose to avoid the 30 day coin and speaking. Can you just tell your sponsor that you had a very minor slip that didnt cause a major derailment, but that you'd be more comfortable doing the 30 day thing in another 12 days instead of now? That way, you can keep that coin in your pocket or purse with some jingling pride rather than have the thing becoming a downer that you know isnt really the truth. Please understand that I'm not in AA, so my suggestions may be way off base, but my thought is that your sponsor will completely understand. While he/she may be a little disappointed you didn't confide in them sooner, they' realize that you are fostering a long term honest relationship with them. Depending on how long they've been in AA, I'm sure they've had much, much bigger disappointments.

We are so proud of you here on SR ! Regardless of your decision, we are here for you. Again, congratulations on 18 days, thats great! That 30 days will be here before you know it! Before we know it, we'll all be looking at 60 days and more. Keep up the great work Alaska! Sincerely, RS2

Last edited by rs2; 09-12-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Last emoticon looked a little creepy, out of context and inappropriate.