View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 11:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CarolD
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

I arrived in D.C. ..single and ready for the whole party deal.
Heck...I even worked in the hospitality field...loved the ambiance quick cash....flirting.....late nights etc.

All my social circle were excessive drinkers. I wanted it that way...so I would not feel like an outcast when I did drink a lot.

WEhen my blackouts started...they too had them so I thought all drinkers did... I was also unaware that alcoholism is a progressive disease and has stages.

It's a wonder I was not beaten or murdered. I tended to pick up strangers in bars...bring them to my apartment when closed.
Once I was robbed of money and credit cards....another time I was raped. I could not press charges..had no idea of their names or faces.
And still i drank and the blakcouts continued.

When my drinking turned me into a depressed woman I detested ....I sought treatment for depression.b
My psychiatrist declared I now had become situationally depressed.......said to abstain and connect to the local AA.

I was not thrilled at either idea....but the depression was so crushing... I went. The depression began lifteing rather quickly
the blackout stopped immeidately....the dangerous behaviors.did too.

Yes...I've remained an active AA member...a non drinker who now lives with purpose and joy...

Please do see a doctor about how best to de tox from alcohol...it's best to do that..

Last edited by CarolD; 09-12-2011 at 09:10 AM.