View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
AllAboutheGirls

I reread this note to remind myself of the things I want, whenever I think I miss what we had.

I have been thinking recently about the roles of the partners in a marriage, outside of parent, provider, lover etc. and have come to the conclusion that a very important role, which could make for a very happy marriage is that of a ‘pedestal’.
‘Pedestal’ – noun, support for a statue; ‘pedestal’ – intangible concept, respect and support for one’s spouse or partner.
Pedestals are organic, they grow and change as time goes by and people develop and mature, but they must be nurtured, they are not infallible. Pedestals need to be as sturdy as marble and as obvious as the weather, they need to be examined for cracks and lovingly maintained.
Alcohol is a powerful pedestal erosion agent.

I too have checked facebook pics and yes my stbxah is back with the GF he cheated on me with. I was Furious and tearful and devastated and all those other way too familiar awful feelings I had when we were together. I went to alanon meetings and just kept reading these wonderful awful posts.

I wish them well I wish I could tie a little red ribbon around him for her!

Lesson for myself? Don't look at FB anymore!