View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ETA

I would have drank this weekend but...

I didn't. We got to the B&B right at free wine hour and were offered some. It would have been perfect. My fiance says "you can have some, it's a special occasion."

I thought "yeah, it is..." We put our bags in our room and ended up taking a cat nap then going to dinner.

I think I would have drank. I think if at any point during the weekend if my fiance repeated his permission I would have went for it.

Beaches and seafood and breezes and picnics... it was tough.

Though I have to say that when doing other sightseeing where there was no trigger I completely forgot alcohol existed. I can't help but think that prior to quitting I would have been trying to sort out when the sightseeing would end so we could go have a beer.

I'm thinking I should tell my man not to give me permission. I say that once and he will never do it again. I kind of don't want to for 2 reasons:
1. because I'm embarrassed - I don't want to remind him of my flaws or that he's not marrying a normal girl.
2. I'm hoping that someday I can have just that one... Like a glass of champagne on our wedding day.

I have never quit before but after trying to moderate my drinking (and failing over and over) I know that one leads to many.

I quit smoking many many times and one certainly led to many in that case.

I'm fooling myself thinking that it will ever be ok right??