Thread: Garden Godzilla
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CagedBird

Garden Godzilla

My Mom came to visit yesterday, so she, my son and I went running around and out to eat. AH had plans at his parents' house, so he and my stepson were gone.

We all went to bed around midnight, and not too long after that, he and my stepson came in and went to bed.

This morning, my mom asked me what had happened last night? My plants were all smashed.

Well, apparently, at some point last night, my AH FELL OFF the back porch and into my garden, killing what was left of my tomato plants (the 110 degree heat has killed the rest), and some of my peppers. The tomato cage, and my wire edging were flat as pancakes.

This was of course hugely hilarious to him. Not a hint of remorse or embarrassment.

I have to admit that I found it a little funny myself, thinking of him sprawled out on the ground, but mostly sad.

And TERRIFYING, when I think about the fact that this means he was probably smashed driving home, and he had his son with him. AND his parents let him leave the house like that, which means they either couldn't tell, or he is just that good at hiding it.

This just HAS to stop.

I have since been cleaning out the garage and sorting through what I'm going to keep, and what I need to get rid of when I move out.

I'm really looking forward to a fresh start.

What's really worrying me now, is knowing that he will do the same thing with MY son in the car when we're not together.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!