Thread: anger stage
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Hey Steve

Progress not perfection - huh?

just from my point of view - Naranon & Al-Anon is ALL for us - it really has nothing to do with what the addict, alcoholic does or doesn't do - it's all about our reactions, behaviors and attitudes - for me the important that was to just GET THERE!!!

The anger may be a good thing my friend - whether it is anger at yourself, her or the disease - for me - anger is a good motivator - helps me to know I want to change this situation.

It hurts to see how easily we can be replace but then again - now you know those answers to those questions you had - the woulda, shoulda, coulda -
nope
nada
ain't gonna happen

well at least - not right now or apparently not in the near future -

as sad as it is to say - some don't make it, Steve. That's not my wish nor prayer - it's just the cold hard facts.

My ex is sitting in jail right now - I'm not sitting in a mental jail consumed with all of his drama ~ he didn't make it in recovery; I did. I am humbly grateful and continue to pray that he will find his way. I pray that for him and for our daughters & grandchildren.
BUT I have no contact with him - it's the healthiest way for me to live Happy, Joyous and Free.

He will always try to pull me back in - that's all he knows how to do ~ I have to be the one to make the healthier choice for ME.

ok - sorry for the ramble - just encouraging you along your path - I remember what it is like to struggling and wonder if you will ever see or feel the sunshine of life again!

But you can and trust me - it's a PINKFUL world!

PINK HUGS,
Rita