View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
artist83

Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
lastly, i feel nothing. i feel indifferent. i am not used to that. as i keep moving forward with my life, i guess there is still a part of me that has not come to terms with the final cut.
Steve,

I've been feeling the same way lately. I feel less with each passing day. For the past few weeks, it feels like I've been on a roller coaster - up at one moment and down the very next. So I've been detaching more and more, and today I feel like a zombie. Like I'm just going through the motions, and at times it really hurts, but I have to protect myself and so do you.

You are doing exactly what you need to do in order to protect your heart. And although it hurts at times, it is better for both of you. Don't feel guilty about not going to see her when she's high - if you would have gone, it would have hurt much worse than it does being away from her. And not sending her money is a good decision on your part - if you don't send her money, you aren't enabling her.

I'm really glad to see that you are following through on the boundaries you have set. You are really making a lot of progress (wish I could say the same about myself). Just stay focused on YOU and everything will fall into place. One day at a time.

If you want to vent a little more, send me a message. I love hearing from you!