View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Mad4Chaos

I spoke to my son about the theft, & it went as I expected it to. Lots of tears, shame & apologies. I told him he needed to leave because all the trust I had was gone, ect. So he packed some things & left. He always acts like the victim when he gets called out on something, "Poor me, all the shame & heart ache I must endure because I betrayed my family!" type thing.

I took the cabinet that the meds are locked in & took it apart. With the amount of glue & screws I used to put it back together, he'll need a hammer to get back in it.

As for my wife, 2 of the medications list memory loss & 1 lists amnesia as a side effect. I've been to appointments with her, & her doctor tells me I have a choice. I can have a forgetful wife somewhat bipolar wife, or an extreme bipolar manic depressive wife. On top of that Alzheimer's runs in her family, & we're concerned that my wife (she's almost 50) may be showing early symptoms. I know this just sounds like I'm trying to justify all this. But as an alcoholic who, for the most part, hid my disease from my wife for 15 years I feel I know what to look for. And I have, & will continue to look for signs. I'm a realist, so I realize I may be wrong. I'll just have to watch how things play out. But I do appreciate all the replies & encouragement. You guys definitely helped me out in this situation.

Thanks,

Brian