Thread: Losing my cool
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

I will say this: Anyone with all the wisdom have a suggestion about how I keep someone away from me who the police say I have no right to keep away? I went to my mothers for a few days last week and it was HELL and he showed up there anyway. I have already paid my lawyer far too much bc I am constantly asking her what rights I have to keep him away from me and without a RO, and without a custody arrangement I have NONE.

He accuses me of tracking him but I think he's the one doing it. I feel like a prisoner in my town, my house, my life.

I have changed passwords, opened a separate bank acct, email account, and the one thing I can;t stop is him showing up unannounced whenever he likes, making scenes.

When the police refuse to help and the court is not moving quickly to get our case moving so that I can have a custody arrangment that includes when he can and can not contact me and I have been told by my lawyer that refusal to answer hte phone or cahnging my number will be viwered as parental alienation --- I guess I am really not sure what the hell it is I can do beyond what I am doing.

Prior to yesterday I have VERY little contact with him about anything other than the girls. I told him about my job bc I guess I thoght I should. From now on I'll just tell my lawyer and he can learn things from her. I've tried to not use her to excess bc I can't afford it.

I fully understand why, despite all the reasons not to, women stay in abusive marriages. The bottom line is that I have tried to protect myself, tried to do all the right things since making him leave and hiring my lawyer and it really makes no difference. He is free to behave however he likes and short of killing me it appears the police here could care less bc he's a saint in this town and that leaves me with few options.