View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 01:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Southerngirl77
if there's life theres hope

I'm a recovering addicts spouse

I know how you feel. My husband of two years is a recovering meth addict.he's been clean 78 days now. I drug test him bi weekly...the drug tests were actually his idea. The last time he relapsed he admitted it to me which was a first and he expressed his sincere desire to quit entirely...that he hated his addiction. He holds a really good job, pays all our bills, seems responsible, and is very handsome, comes from a great addiction free family, I love him more than anything. But hes an addict...in the past when he was using he would constantly lie to me about where he was after he got off from work and could not account for his time, I knew something was going on then he confessed, ever since I've been testing him so here we are 78 days later. Last night he came home late after he hadn't been answering my calls and acted strange once he got home, Im pretty sure he was lying about where he had been, he's a good liar..but I sensed it. I think he used again but I pressed him for details and he denied it. I'm so scared that he might go back , when he was using before he was still functioning normal and was never strung out. I hope yesterday was just my imagination but I have that gut feeling it's not. I am a woman of faith and so is my husband. I have never done any drugs...I've always steered clear of anything like that. I pray he confesses if he messed up so we can start a new plan. He's only 30 and he has so many great things going for him.