Thread: Strange feeling
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Missy7

Lull before screaming is really important Frances. I do that all the time. For instance, I should get my tires checked. I envision a flat tire and an apocalyptic , life-ending scream. If I look at the checkbook toward the end of a pay period, I imagine the world ending--in a scream. I mean, seriously. If we run out of cash we'll use a card. We'll get paid again.

Who are these people who don't walk a tightrope all day long? Every move I make is in terror. Is the fabric cut right? Did what I said to that student make them hate me? What if they have to wait a few days for their papers? I am convinced of a severing disaster always around the corner...never a progress than can be reversed.

I mean, for heaven's sake, I might be able to turn the wheel before the car goes off the cliff, don't you think? Or maybe the horse will act up by hopping rather than detonating in nuclear fission.

But then, we did just get a phone call saying my sister was dead. Not sick. Dead. Same deal with my dad. Mom was only brain dead--lived another couple of days till we all got there.

The house burned twice when I was a kid. Dog after dog was run over.

Hmmmm....the pit.