View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 12:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
hwsm

Originally Posted by stilllearning View Post
That cycle of having your hopes raised, putting yourself out there and being disappointed again is the worst.
Thank you truly for your words of wisdom. I am seeing this more everyday. The Al-Anon meetings are like a security blanket for me right now. I also realized that I had options that I didn't realize, like staying with him and dealing with the drinking. Once I realized that, I thought maybe I didn't want him as much as I thought I did. I had bad days where I didn't get out of bed and days that I sat in the parking lot of the place we used to meet and cried for hours. I texted him checking on his step-father's surgery and we basically agreed that we needed to talk. We agreed that we needed to decide if we could get thru this or if the damages were too great, then we needed to move on. He told me to think about what I wanted to say and he would too and he would text me the next day to set something up. I got some babbled message a few days later at midnight that said "becareful". I replied what a "huh?". Never heard back anything since. He's still drinking. Never going to change. I know this. What I want and what I'm really going to get are such totally different things. I know I deserved better. I'm getting there.