Thread: Strange feeling
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 03:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ajangel

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
I have that exact feeling! I've never been able to describe it quite right but you do a great job. I can remember having the same feeling when I was six or seven and my mother was mad at me. It's the pre-spanking doom thing. It's awful and I started having it right after I started seriously trying to quit drinking.

I think it's about the responsibility we feel for what we are trying to do.

Are you generally fairly concerned about things you can't control? I certainly am. I'll give you an example:

I was told to take an anti-anxiety drug so I can sleep better. But I won't because I want to be able to hear if anything bad might happen....hence the need for the anxiety drug.

What a roller coaster!!
"Pre spanking doom" is a perfect analogy. Yes I am concerned about things I can't control. I can identify with the wanting to be alert incase anything bad happened. There is a song by Joe Walsh called "the worry song". Every time I heard that song I used to laugh because it described my me to a T. I worried about everything. I am have been going to AA. The serenity prayer is "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference." I am trying to work on that but it's not easy. Thanks for the reminder.