View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Originally Posted by KeepinOnDaily View Post
People make divorce or this "no contact" thing seem like such an easy decision at times, but when two little kids are involved and families are torn apart, it is insanely hard to go through with it.
Easy? Hardly! I was married for 20 years. My children were 9 and 13 when I made the decision to separate from their dad. It was the hardest thing I ever did in my life. We lived separately for two years before I filed for divorce because I wasn't ready. At the same time, I didn't want him to move back home only to leave again, so we remained apart while trying to reconcile. I'm glad because it would have been twice as hard on the kids if he came home and left again.

If you're not ready to divorce him, then don't. But, I would caution you strongly on letting him move back in based solely on words and promises. It doesn't have to be this or that, black or white. Give it some time. Let him prove he means all the stuff he's saying. You have the rest of your lives to work on your marriage. What's a few months? In my case, I told my husband I needed six months to work on my own issues before I would consider discussing our marriage. He was free to work on recovery during that time, or whatever, his choice.

We actually started working on reconciliation after about eight months. Ultimately, it didn't work out, but I'm glad I had that time to work on myself. My life is infinitely better because of it.

Do you have a therapist? Mine saved my life.

L