Old 08-09-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
chronsweet

Okay, this post and the responses, actually got me very emotional.

Why? Because it really hit home that I have been raising my 19 month old son in a sick environment with the hope of 'change' that isn't coming. It made me realize I have to stick to my decision to leave this Alcoholic SOB and leave as fast as I can. Nothing changes with alcoholics, and if it does, it is a LONG, WINDY, PAINFUL ROAD. Not willing to go there with my son and teach him that it is okay for a man to verbally and mentally abuse a woman, to treat her like garbage, to teach him that drinking away his problems and stumbling around the house in a vulgar, repulsive manner is NORMAL.

I have to say that I am proud of your son and sad for him. Proud because he has obviously learned to set the boundaries that you haven't. I don't mean to sound mean, but this is your SON, your child. To ask him to accept abuse from an alcoholic man is sad and just wrong. Although you have asked him to give your bf another chance, you have to know in your heart it won't change.

I read a statement on a blog today that said, "If you are strong enough to take the abuse from an alcoholic on a daily basis THEN you are strong enough to leave"