View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 03:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bayliss

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I definitely agree with all of you that a sober free life is definitely a drama free one. That is for hella sure. I did some dumb things in the past while drunk - some super embarassing that I wouldn't even care to rehash.
When I was sober for those two weeks I actually didn't mind it all that much...I had some anxiety in the very beginning but I dealt with it.
I am again on day one and have some big anxiety and random bouts of crying. I have a couple of questions on that though that I will post in a new thread.

I definitely don't think that she should have meddled at all. It was a very random and uncomfortable situation.
It wasn't even 9am and I was still have asleep and hungover from the night before. My boyfriend wasn't talking to me and I just didn't need it right then and there.
It's funny - people will stand there and say to you "You have it so good - you have all the things you want and blalbalba" but that isn't always the case. It's an addiction...it's hard work and it's a process.

I really do want to change - I definitely crave...but I do want to get better and healthy and not have to deal with all of this. The only thing that I find is that I can get some anxiety and panic attacks and booze definitely helped to calm me down.

But thanks again to everyone posting.
I need to make some changes - because I love my boyfriend beyond anything. And I want to be with him forever.