View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
JellyBabyBoo

Way to go Amanda! I remember you from a previous post. It looks like we are in a similar boat. I love your post above about being present for your daughter. Up until a few weeks ago I spent the entire day drinking and trying to find a way to numb the boredom instead of enjoying the company of my 3 year old daughter. I'd sit at the kitchen table messing around on the computer, sipping on wine in a coffee mug while my daughter played and watched tv by herself in the living room. So sad really. I'd hear her little voice or look up to watch her dancing to a song on the tv and it would literally break my heart knowing that I was missing everything and not being fair to her. I have really tried lately (while cutting down my alcohol consumption substantially) to spend quality time with her. I still find myself bored to tears at times but I am making a conscious effort to engage with her instead of just "make it through the day". Keep up the great work. I decided I couldn't go "cold turkey" so my plan has been no drinking on M,T and Th and greatly reduced consumption on the other days. I have been able to keep to that plan for the last 2 weeks. This is a great accomplishment for me as up until 2 weeks ago today, I can't remember the last time I had a day without alcohol. Now I have 6 out of 14! Hoping to cut W and Su here in the next few weeks. Good luck to everyone!