View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JellyBabyBoo

Thanks everyone for the support and for caring enough to read that whole long post. I would really like to find some part time work. About a year ago I decided to go back to school to get an AA in Paralegal Studies to supplement my BA in journalism. That was great for me, because even though the classes were "online", I was still able to interact with grown up, intelligent adults. I did very well controlling my drinking then and graduated with honors. After classes were completed however, I started back up with daily, heavy drinking. A few weeks ago I decided to put a plan together. I would absolutely not drink anything M, T and Th. I would allow myself 1 glass of wine on W and no more than 3 drinks on each of F,S and S. I know that doesn't sound like quitting 'hard core' but it is MUCH better than I had been doing. I was able to stick to the plan for the past 2 weeks. Honestly, up until 2 weeks ago I couldn't tell you the last day I had absolutely no alcohol. Now I have had 6 AF days in 2 weeks and GREATLY cut back consumption on the other days in half. My next step will be to cut out Wednesdays and then Sundays. I am on to week 3 of my plan and am feeling pretty good. I still find myself waking up a bit anxious and depressed about facing the long day... trying to find things to keep my daughter and myself occupied until it is time to hit the gym at 5. For some reason I woke up in tears this morning with the thought of having to make it through the week without being bored to tears (or booze). So far I am taking it one hour at a time, finding things to keep us busy. It has been oppressively hot here so I really can't take my daughter outdoors much. Any suggestions you guys have for filling the day would be great! I am hoping to get my daughter into preschool this fall, so that will give me 2 or 3 days for myself. Thanks again for listening, it is cathartic to get some thoughts written down.