View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 07:56 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
amandaw

Made it past day 3! I'm also feeling great! It's amazing how much fun I've had with my daughter also. I used to look forward to putting her to sleep so that I could get that bottle open. Now that that's not an option, I don't think about drinking, I think about enjoying my time with her. I was snuggling with her last night and I started feeling really bad. I was such a slave to alcohol. I didn't really enjoy her like I should have. I was hungover 2-3 days per week and tired every other day. Well, that's not happening anymore. I'm going to be sober for her from now on! She deserves it!

So I'm starting day four. In the two-ish months I've tried getting sober I've never made it through day 4. This time, though, it's going to happen. I can feel it. Heck, I know it. My husband is off work today. So we're going to drop our daughter off at her daycare and have a date day. We're going to go to lunch at a mexican restaurant and go bowling. Both are places that I've consumed a lot of alcohol, but since my husband doesn't drink, avoiding it should be easy.

Suresh-sleep will come. I'm glad you understand that. Good Luck today! What day are you on? You're doing great!