View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Jay))) is still sedated and on the "vent" (ventilator) but the pressure in his head has come down a little..still not normal, but way better than what it was.

His family, understandably, wants him awake and okay, but I've explained that this stuff takes time. I truly believe he is getting excellent care from what ((Kirby)) has told me and told her I know how frustrating it is, but it's what's best for ((Jay)).

Oh, and ((Goliath)) (Jay's furbaby) is with ((Kirby and family)). I asked about him and she said "funny you asked, that's the first thing Jay asked about when he woke up the other day".

He's also on a cooling blanket as the thermostat in his brain is out of whack. This is normal and I was able to explain to her why it is used. I'm just so glad this was my specialty area of nursing, and crack didn't kill my brain cells and I can actually help them understand what is going on.

I am sooooo very grateful for SR people and prayers, and I know it's helping ((Kirby)) too. It's like being wrapped up in a security blankie

Hugs and prayers,

Amy