OT - prayers for ((Jay/speedyjason))

Old 08-04-2011, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - prayers for ((Jay/speedyjason))

I wasn't going to post this, as ((Jay)) doesn't like a big fuss made over him, but I don't think he'll mind.

The detailed story is on the henhouse thread, but this is what's going on.

He got a concussion from work when he was hit on the head by a piece of equipment..has been out of work.

Started complaining of headaches, we urged him to get to the dr. He texted me, this morning, that one of his pupils was bigger than the other, and "this can't be good" as he was headed to the ER.

He's had surgery to remove blood on his brain and is in ICU. He was doing well, gave his little sister (((Kirby))) his login in info and she has updated us.

The pressure in his brain is building up again and they may have to put him in a medically induced coma and/or do more surgery.

This was my specialty in nursing, and I truly believe his doctors are doing a great job.

(((Jay))) grabbed my phone number as he was heading to the ER and (((Kirby's))) adoptive parents have been given it.

I've posted in a few areas and pm'd/e-mailed others for prayers, but I'm asking for more. I've always told (((Jay))) he is my kid, and my heart hurts, but I really do believe he's getting good care and will be okay, just not as quickly as I'd like.

I know (((Jay))) has a special place in a lot of hearts, and I just wanted to let you all know what is going on.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-04-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Prayers going up for Jay.
Amy, it is comforting that you know about this procedure. I am surely glad that you feel his docs are doing right by him.
will continue to pray, for the angels to be watching over him every second.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A speedy recovery to speedy jason....prayers on the way
Old 08-04-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Amy,

thanks for the update and prayers are immediately now going out to lift him up. So glad that he got help when he did. My specialty is TBI as well and I work in the trauma ICU....so it's reassuring to know that you feel good about his care.

Keep us posted..... Donna
Old 08-04-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. Sending prayers for SpeedyJason, I hope he has a quick and full recovery.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers going out for Jay. I'm happy to hear he has a good medical staff looking after him. He's a fighter....he'll make it through this like a champ! He also has a lot of supporters here at SR. I'm sure he'll feel the love.

:ghug3
Old 08-04-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) is heading back to surgery. (((Kirby))) is posting on the henhouse under his account (at his request) and she's scared. Please keep her, Ken and Sue (foster-turned-adoptive GREAT parents) in your prayers.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Send him all my good thoughts and prayers. I'll kill a chicken too, just for good measure.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Prayers for Jay's speedy recovery and for all of those who love him.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 08-05-2011, 04:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

God: Thank you for allowing us to know your son, SpeedyJason. You have used him to be an inspiration for us. Please protect him right now. I pray that he feels Your presence which is one of peace and security. I pray that he knows he is not alone and that many people are holding their breath waiting for a good outcome for him. Thank you God.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for Jay, Kirby, Ken and Sue. I also send prayers to the doctors and nurses.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) came through surgery fine. They still have him on the ventilator and sedated (so he doesn't try to pull the tubes out) but dr's are very pleased and said he will be fine.

Thanks for all the prayers. I have no doubt they have helped, and I know it's been really good for ((Kirby)) to be able to come here and "talk" with people who love her, her brother, and her adoptive parents.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-05-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm glad he made it through the surgery fine.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What great news!!!!! Singing and dancing here! I wish that he was in my ICU so I could take care of him and welcome him back to consciousness. It's a miracle what can be accomplished today in medicine....and am so grateful that Jason is benefitting from it. I know that it was the quick action from the text when he noticed the pupil difference that saved his life. He did not have a moment to spare.....and he jumped right to it to get help.

Those subdural bleeds are such very scary things......
Old 08-05-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Praying for a Speedy recovery Jay!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

That is terrifying! I hope his recovery is quick for him with no residual affects. Will b praying.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

wow, i have been away far to long from the group...thank you so much for keeping us all posted....

boobie HUGS
Old 08-06-2011, 12:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((Kirby))) posted that (((Jay))) had a spike in blood pressure, heart rate while under sedation so they are continuing to watch him closely. They began him on anti-seizure medicine at the very beginning and poor (((Kirby))) is just wishing for no more complications.

I told her this type of stuff is common anytime there is surgery on the brain, and reminded her that they are all surrounded by lots of love and prayers. She just turned 14, but what a strong little lady...got a lot of her big brother in her

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-06-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I have Jay and Kirby and their new (adoptive) family on three prayer circles I belong to.

Amy, I eally appreciated your 'updates'. I believe that all of us, like myself have a very special place in our hearts for this young man and his sister and all that they have been through.

I hope our love and prayers can help them to continue to 'heal' from what they have suffered in their young lives!!!!!

Love and hugs.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Present

my husband was in a coma after a traumatic head injury - (((Jay))) is in my prayers - thank you for letting us know.