Old 08-07-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RyanRed

Where did they go?? Did the Bermuda Triangle eat them??

So I've been floating around on these forums for a little over 3 months now. Its been a great tool of support to say the least! I really give this site a lot of credit in my journey to recovery. I've got to know a few of you somewhat privately as well.

As much as I love this place, there is just something I hate about it. How some people just disappear. A lot of us share very personal moments in our lives here. Some more than others, but we all do share a common bond with our present or past addictions. This leads to friendships built here, and people whom we enjoy following their journey through their posts. But it really sucks when someone you were following just vanishes. Not a word spoken, but just gone. My mind wonders, "Hmm I wonder what happened to them. Hope they are alright." Since we are all mostly here for drug/alcohol abuse, you can't help but think they might be back to their old ways. But in reality, they could have hit the lotto and living on some private island without internet ahahaha who knows.

I just simply think it sucks when people just walk away from here without a sound. Its not like this place isnt personal or anything! Were not all here playing bingo trying to rack up credits to enter in the weekly drawing! lol. I donno...I dont take it to heart or personal or anything like that. I just hate when that happens is all.

Alright that's enough from me for now!

Stay strong people!

-Ryan