View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Suresh

Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I did have a rough moment today. I was in my sock drawer looking for socks to run in, and I found a bottle of vodka stashed there. The worst part was that I immediately checked to see if there was any left in the bottle. It was like a reflex or something. Luckily it was empty; I'm not sure I would have been able to resist!
Hi Amanda, 1st off congrats to day 2! And yes, its like a reflex. I've had it before (very very recently, just read on :P ). Alcohol is a big NO-NO in my home, so i usually stash my vodka in those mineral water bottles.. This happened to me just about like yesterday. I was cleaning up my room and i saw an empty mineral bottle. Instead of throwing it away, 1st thing i did was open it and smell it, you know, to make sure is it water or vodka, and true enough it was vodka, there were about say 10-15 drops still remaining upon closer inspection. I took it out of my house, lit a smoke, and while smoking, i lit a piece of paper and let it fall down the bottle... It was nice to see the burning effect of that ever so little amount of vodka, kinda made me wonder what it was doing to my insides. Thanks god i've stopped! I've not gone far, just gonna be done with day 6 and moving on to day 7, but its something! And you can do it too!!

Wishing you all the best!