View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 04:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
laana

Yes i understand that must have been very hard.

I am struggling with this too and have been thinking of´how i am going to manage staying sober finally this time for long enough to really start feeling the benefits and get mentally stronger (I usually last for 3 days tops!)

I know i will have to completely avoid meeting up with anyone i can't be honest with about what i am going through so any old drinking buddies or any social gathering with drinks and aquintances are out , for now and forever! But i don't want to isolate myself or stop enjoying myself as i think it would make it worse? I also want to be able to be around alcohol and choose not to drink it as i KNOW i don't want it.

i've just moved back to Sweden from the UK and am staying with my nan for a couple of weeks and she has wine here and I am alone in the house for the weekend, i was worried about this first but has been too determined today to even look at it. Tomorrow i am meeting up with a friend and we would normally go catch up with some drinks, it will be my next challenge. I would love to return from my meeting with her happy and proud that i said no and had a good time rather than staying at home avoiding her.......i am not sure if this will work though, i am just going to have to take one day at a time or rather one moment a time and be humble and honest with myself to choose the right thing

Its normal to have rough moments, i am so glad you got out of it sober and that you're here posting!

Nite from Sweden, see you for a sober day tomorrow!!