View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
amandaw

Wink Day 2...made it past day 1!

Hi everyone,

I'm giving it a go again. I've posted several times about day 1 - and haven't made it past day 4 yet, so I skipped posting yesterday! I'm not superstitious, I swear! For the last month and a half, I've been trying to quit - I'll make it 2-4 days and pick up again. This cycle has repeated four or so times. I keep finding "excuses" to drink: A party, a holiday, a vacation, etc. Well, I have no "excuses" coming up for the next few months (my birthday is in October - which may be a difficult day to abstain - but I'll worry about it then).

Yesterday was fine. I had some crazy dreams last night, but nothing bad. I don't think detox will be too bad. Since I first started trying to quit in June, I at least haven't been drinking daily, so I think the worst I'll get is some night sweats, insomnia and weird dreams.

Although I'm not trying to take on too much right now, I am trying to eat healther and get some exercise. I started a running program a few weeks ago called Couch to 5k - which is supposed to help a person to get from couch potato to able to run a 5k (a little more that 3 miles) in like 9 weeks. After I first had my daughter 2 years ago I actually completed the program and ran 3 miles 4 days per week. Then the weather got hot and I got lazy. I have a treadmill now - so no excuses!

I'll keep posting. I notice the more I read and post, the less I want to drink!