View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LifeRecovery

I don't have any advice on the topic, but just wanted to say you are not alone.

I am really getting myself confused with different types of recovery right now (counseling, Al-Anon etc) that I have had to put on hold doing some of the daily Al-Anon readings that this time last year I clung to. The readings are not the problem it is my struggle working through what I see as conflicting data that gets me into trouble. I was finding meetings challenging at the same time for awhile (those are better now).

As my second summer in I find attendance is much less consistent attendence for some than other times of year too. For me being in a small group that can matter because we just don't have all that many people with a lot of experience in the groups sometimes. I don't mean that you can't have successful groups with mainly new people but I have struggled in some of these groups as the experienced person in them (and I have only been coming about 16 mths). I had this one other time, took a little bit of time off and came back refreshed for deeper work. I am hoping for the same with this experience.