View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 11:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tallaaron76

I am autistic and need advice.

Hello,

I am personally autistic on a social level. It is called Asperger's Syndrome and this presents social misunderstandings that can cause issues when trying to support others. Just recently I was told how important the 100th day was, and trying to be helpful I asked if we should celebrate this time and found out it was a terrible thing to even offer. I want to be clear that in no way was I trying to be difficult or had any understanding that I should not have brought it up... There are many things like this that I walk into by accident and I am here to look for some advice.

I am currently feeling very frustrated and concerned because I feel like I am making things far more difficult then it is intended. So in a way I am reaching out to others on this forum to learn some possible social views and rules I may not be aware of.

I am aware of how difficult this could be... As I live with it every single day of my life. On top of that I will also have to be careful with how I read people's views because at times I can take points of view a little too directly. I am saying this so that way I am clear and possibly to help you out to understand my concerns and worries. If something I respond with does not make sense, please ask me to rephrase the comment and/or add your point of view as to what you think I was trying to express. Many times I can misread or misunderstand a comment, this is not to be taken personally please.

In the end I am here because I love someone who is very close to my life. We are happy together but I fear that my mistakes could put some distance between us so if there is anything you could provide to help me... I cannot thank you enough for the help.

Tallaaron76