Thread: Need Opinions ?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
katie44

Need Opinions ?

I am actually posting for my sister. She took our cousin in to her home 2 1/2 weeks ago. He was in a rehab for 3 months for meth addiction. She picked him up on a Saturday. Turns out he tells her two days after that he left the program three days early so he would not have give the centre 400.00 for
his stay for the month of July. He was upset that he had to pay 400.00 a month to stay there when others were covered 100% by the goverment. He is on a 900.00 a month pension. Now the rehab will not let him enter there aftercare program due to leaving early. To me this is typicall addiction personality. I have seen it enough with my own AS. Last week she was on holidays and she drove and picked him up daily for AA programs getting him used to a new town and enviroment. This week she had him purchase a bus ticket to get around town, he is 44 with a leg and arm disability however he can still take the bus. In 5 days he has gone to one meeting and spends his days sun tanning in the backyard.
When he first came out of program he stated that his meetings were number one everything else secondary. This morning she asks if he is going to a meeting he says no, when she asks why he says its summer and he likes to relax. She made him go wich I know from past experience does not work.

I told her he is not working his recovery,number one leaving the program early, only went to meetings when she drove him. To me he is headed for a relapse. If it were me I would ask him to make other alternative living arrangements. He is very lazy in her home also. Just sits in a chair all day smoking.