View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sugarbear1
~sb

my friend in AA told me...

I made another friend in AA. He gets me to my 7 am meeting & has taken me to the store cause I don't have a car today (non alcohol accident - everything my fiance had upon his death that step children & I argued over has been lost, stolen, or broken).

I shared my feelings of realizing no more pink cloud now & how I am being obnoxious, etc. I asked if he was like that at 77 days (which I keep changing due to my fuzzy brain, but May 16 is my new sobriety date).

He said he didn't have that. His first days were spent in a COMA. His dog pulled out an empty vodka bottle from under a couch. His wife confronted him & he & she began to argue, so, drunkingly he stormed out. Into his car.

One county far from home, an accident transpired. A humdee at 70 mph and an overlooked stop sign later...pronounced dead at the scene...waking up from a coma in a nursing home rehab...he was told about his life...

Now, he eats through a stomach tube, is in constant pain, shoulder clavical bone, 11 out of 12 broken ribs, none of his bones healed properly...had to relearn talking, eating, etc.

WOW! He is alive to share his experience. There's more, but my phone is giving me problems...

Think you had enough to drink? HE DIDN'T! !
Think you've had enough to drink, yet? HE DIDN'T! !!