View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GetItTogether

Time to get well

Hi all. I'm a heavily addicted alcoholic. I've been drinking too much for about five years and almost daily for the last two years. I've had very high stress jobs and find that when the stress is high the more I drink and this year has been an unfairly tough year.

I've decided to put an end to this madness and get well.

I was doing OK I actually managed to last almost two weeks without a drink I had never been able to get pass two days but I had a job end and leave me in severe financial trouble so I went on a bender to end all benders. Strangely, while on the binge I managed to land a very good job and decided to celebrate by drinking. As soon as I finished my first celebratory glass of Whiskey I immediately become violently ill and realised that I had severely poisoned myself after drinking for days.

I've been vomiting heavily for days, sometimes blood. I have severe abdominal pains, muscle cramps, headaches and nausea. I keep breaking out in cold sweats and can barely sleep. I haven't eat in days and terrified to eat again. This isn't a hangover. I got so used to drinking that I haven't had a hangover in years. This isn't a hangover. It's more like dying.

I'm sharing this because I don't want you to end up like me. I'm absolutely terrified and regret my weakness. I've gotten over weight. I've aged myself by years. I've destroyed my health. I've hurt my family. I've risked my career. I've absolutely destroyed future opportunities. I've lost a lot of money and broken the law. Don't do this to yourself. A moment of weakness with some filthy booze just isn't worth it.

I will recovery. I will have times of weakness but I intend to share my progress here and fight like crazy to get well or I will die and probably soon.

Day 1 - 3rd August 2011.