Thread: Alcholizm
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004, 10:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Patsyd1

Originally Posted by Zarion
:lame:

I look at all these people writing on here and it really blows my mind... I am forced to attend a 12 session group. I am not crazy, but I am forced to attend do to the fact, that the courts want me to go to it.

I think if someone really wants to quit drinking, then they will do that. I spent 4 years in prison because of drinking... I have been out a couple of months and I do not want to drink, their fore I don't...

Don't you people have any self control? I'm not perfect, but I don't have that weakness that it seems so many people on here do... Don't get angry at me, but my comment on all of this would be simply this:

"GROW UP"
Hi Zarion and congrats on 4 yrs of not drinking.

For myself, spending 4 yrs. in prison because of my drinking, is a YET for this alkie. I didn't just want to be physically dry, I wanted what I saw in the halls of AA..... peace of mind, serenity, and the ability to live life to the fullest one day at a time. I have that today, because I decided to GROW UP about 15 yrs ago, when I attended my first AA meeting, and I made the decision to keep coming. Because it works.

I do not go to AA today so I won't drink, I go to AA today to stay sober and to LIVE one day at a time and to pass on, what was passed to me.

There is much much more to not drinking, then just not drinking