Notices

Alcholizm

Old 08-22-2004, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcholizm

:lame:

I look at all these people writing on here and it really blows my mind... I am forced to attend a 12 session group. I am not crazy, but I am forced to attend do to the fact, that the courts want me to go to it.

I think if someone really wants to quit drinking, then they will do that. I spent 4 years in prison because of drinking... I have been out a couple of months and I do not want to drink, their fore I don't...

Don't you people have any self control? I'm not perfect, but I don't have that weakness that it seems so many people on here do... Don't get angry at me, but my comment on all of this would be simply this:

"GROW UP"
Old 08-22-2004, 07:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a minute buddy -

You spent four years in prison because of drinking and you're forced to attend 12 step meetings because of drinking and you're telling me I don't have self-control and to 'grow up'.

Excuse me, but why are you on an alcoholism site if you're so 'together'.

Wow, I've been on this board for a year and I don't think I've ever read such a thoughtless, stupid post.

Anna
Old 08-22-2004, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zarion

I look at all these people writing on here and it really blows my mind... I am forced to attend a 12 session group. I am not crazy, but I am forced to attend do to the fact, that the courts want me to go to it.

I think if someone really wants to quit drinking, then they will do that. I spent 4 years in prison because of drinking... I have been out a couple of months and I do not want to drink, their fore I don't...

Don't you people have any self control? I'm not perfect, but I don't have that weakness that it seems so many people on here do... Don't get angry at me, but my comment on all of this would be simply this:

"GROW UP"

At least most of us have enough brains and self-control not to break the law.
Anna is right. You are a moron.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Old 08-22-2004, 08:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome!
Then if it's not a problem for you, after 4 years in jail and currently being court ordered, did you just grow up all of a sudden? Guess we'll see.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dan

Oh look, little Jimmy was bored and decided to tell the world how pathetic his life is.
Grab a chair little man, and try to learn something.
Oh, and welcome
Old 08-22-2004, 09:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Doug

Thanks for sharing some of your story Zar.

I have to ask though, if you've been cured, why are you here?

Old 08-22-2004, 09:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Zarion, - congratulations on your four years of sobriety.

Deg.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Thanks for sharing some of your story Zar.

I have to ask though, if you've been cured, why are you here?

I got to second the motion........ : Some of us didn't have to go to get sober. I wouldn't be tooting my own horn if I were you.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zarion

"GROW UP"
Hi Zarion and congrats on 4 yrs of not drinking.

For myself, spending 4 yrs. in prison because of my drinking, is a YET for this alkie. I didn't just want to be physically dry, I wanted what I saw in the halls of AA..... peace of mind, serenity, and the ability to live life to the fullest one day at a time. I have that today, because I decided to GROW UP about 15 yrs ago, when I attended my first AA meeting, and I made the decision to keep coming. Because it works.

I do not go to AA today so I won't drink, I go to AA today to stay sober and to LIVE one day at a time and to pass on, what was passed to me.

There is much much more to not drinking, then just not drinking
Old 08-23-2004, 09:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Part of 'growing up' is learning not to judge others.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Zarion.

Try telling the members at your twelve step meetings to "Stop drinking and grow up." and let us know what kind of feedback you get.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
garden variety alcoholic

GROW UP ???#@*!!!

Why would I want to GROW UP! I DON'T LIKE GROWN UPS!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 02:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Old 08-23-2004, 08:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Zarion, Welcome! I'm glad you posted our opinion here. It reminds me that everyone is different. There are many people who can do as you said - Grow Up. They can just put the drink down and not look back. Problem with people like me is that I do look back. I do get a craving. Eventually, because I am weak, I cave in and drink. Believe me I have tried to just stop. Will power did work for the short term. The 12 step program is not only about drinking for me. It is a "design for living". I feel that I have grown up more in the past six months of working the program than in my past six years.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Zarion, we are all grown ups here now or we are getting there. You hit on one of the main things that kept me coming back to AA. It offered me a chance to grow up. Yes I have to do the footwork and not drink but I reap the reward of being a man today. I am responsible for my behavior today. I am not a victim. I dont blame anyone for my problems. In fact problems are opportunities for me today. I have learned so much more than just how to stay away from that first drink in AA.

Do yourself a favor and listen to what is being said in those damn meetings. Hang out here and read some of the threads. Welcome to SoberRecovery.