View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Creekryder
Cause no harm

Double Whammy–Alcohol and Candida

On the road to sobriety, I have recently decided to go the complete cleanse of not only alcohol, but all sugars as well. Not just overt sugars, but anything with a sugar in it, including fruit.

Gaaakkkk! I am really in a struggle. I really don't want anything to drink, but I am going stark raving mad for sugar. In all my attempts at dropping the booze, I have never had such urges right out of the chute. To me it really pinpoints the addiction. In time back, it was ok for me to eat a bowl of ice cream, a couple of cookies (who am I kidding, a number of cookies), or a roll of hard candy. My body was saying, "It's not booze, but it will work for a bit." Now, without that sweet substitute, I feel like my body is in revolt. No DT's or such, just insane cravings to even grab a teaspoon and hit the sugarbowl. Wow. That is some powerful urges. The candida is shouting for the sugar along with everything else. Is this a component of the addiction. It is making me do a lot of study.

So here I sit, riding a bull, but this one is different from the one I rode before. It bucks like the devil poking it with his pitchfork.

But I''m goin' for the eight seconds for the trophy.