View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ajangel

Do I need to find another sponsor?

Last Thursday a woman from my AA group asked me if I wanted her to be my temp or possibly a permanent sponsor. I was thrilled and said yes. She has 25 years of sobriety and has similar thoughts so it seemed like she would be a good fit. She gave me her number and said I could meet with her August 13 to start going over the steps. I thought that seemed kind of a long time but I said ok. I saw her Friday. I didn't go to any meetings this weekend. I did not call her and she did not call me. I called her this morning to talk to her about concerns about another meeting I went to this morning. She was on the phone with me for 3 minutes and said her phone was dying and asked me for my number. I asked her if she wanted me to call her cell and she said no, she would call me back. 30 minutes later and she hasn't called me back. 1. She didn't tell me she was busy or ask if I was ok. 2. 2 weeks is a long time for a newly recovering alcohol to have to wait. 3. Maybe I am misguided and it goes both ways but would have thought she would have called me this weekend to find out if I was ok. 4. Its a good damn thing I wasn't in crisis when I called because she hasn't called me back. I guess I am unsure of what to expect from my sponsor. Am I being unreasonable with my expectations or should I stick with her? Should I find another sponsor due to my concerns? Sorry for the ramble and run on sentences. Thank you for your advice