Old 08-02-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
gowest

The responses in bold are mine

Originally Posted by AutumnBeauty View Post
A family member I've confided in recently suggested the same two things.

Its true that I really have no idea of how much he's drinking. He usually calls me right after work and then we don't talk anymore for the evening.

This is a red flag to me. HAd a ABF that did the same thing. Whenever I spoke to him "later" I could tell he had been drinking. Later was only 9pm

During "romantic weekends" he really hasn't behaved - he usually drinks by the 2nd or 3rd day of our visit....and then the binge drinking continues for several days. Usually he'd drink maybe 6-10 servings of alcohol in a day. (Perhaps for him that is behaving.)

Is this really ok with you? After you are married and living with him you won't be able to "return home" to get away from it.

He'd often claim that he only drinks when I'm around.

QUACKING.

Since he drank so heavily right in front of me and I haven't nagged, I figured he wasn't hiding anything from me. But after recently witnessing him drink 23 servings of alcohol and wake up the next morning feeling just fine, that really scared me.

As it should. It would scare me too.

I'm guessing one doesn't obtain nor maintain that kind of olympic-level-alcohol tolerance by only drinking one weekend a month. Am I right?

YUP - you are right. 23 servings?!! What would happen to you if you consumed that amount.
Sorry you are going through this but I promise there is life after them!