View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Where has your moderator been?

I want to thank the other moderators and forum leaders for helping me here the last few months.

Out of no-where my 62 year old mother had some type of medical incident at the rest home. She says she went into a coma, they say she threw up twice, her friend said a crash cart was called. This was five months ago. Since then, my mother's memory has gone rapidity downhill. She is no longer oriented to anything but self. Every day I can see the difference in her mental state.

Most likely she is suffering from PICS, a rapidly moving frontal lobe dementia. For her sake, I hope this is the case. She's at the point now where she is easily agitated. She thinks her best friend is her deceased mother, and doesn't know where she is located anymore.

Five months ago, she read The Garden of Good and Evil, and we discussed it in depth. I'm at the point now where I just want her to pass as her parents both did, quickly and easily, when they were ready.

So anyway, thank you all here in Secular for understanding my absence. If I hear more, I'll pass it on.